Average FeesUG: £13,000
Full payment discount £500
The University of Hertfordshire (UOH) is a public university in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom. The university is based largely in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. Hatfield is 25 minutes by train from central London. This means students have access to all the opportunities that capital city has to offer and is especially helpful for those choosing placement years - a fantastic way to increase your skill set and contacts.
The university has 11 schools: Hertfordshire Business School, Computer Science, Creative Arts, Education, Engineering and Technology, Health and Social Work, Humanities (which oversees its CATS programme), Hertfordshire Law School, Life and Medical Sciences, Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics and Hertfordshire Higher Education Consortium.
- The modern institution prides itself on being ‘business-facing’ and claims an innovative approach to teaching, and a wide variety of work placements and overseas study that appeal to employers.
- It was among the top 50 ‘best UK universities chosen by major employers’ for producing ready-to-work graduates in THE’s 2015 ranking. The university has also received recognition for its research – it’s one of only a few UK HEIs to have been awarded a ‘European Commission HR Excellence in Research’ badge.
- It was awarded the Entrepreneurial University of the Year by Times Higher Education in 2010.In 2011, it was ranked 41st by The Complete University Guide among UK universities, its highest regional ranking in recent years.
- The Complete University Guide ranked UH courses in Food Science, Social Work, Optometry Ophthalmology & Orthoptics and Medical Technology as the top 20 in the UK in 2019.
- The university also attracts Harry Potter fans as it offers tours to ‘Muggles’ of the Warner Bros Studios in Leavesden where filming took place. Hertfordshire students, via the university’s film and media courses, also worked on the special effects for Harry Potter, as well as films including Clash of the Titans 2, X Men and Captain America.
- Hertfordshire Students' Union Advice and Support Centre provides a free and confidential service which is available to all students. The Centre can give you information on a variety of subjects including academic issues, accommodation, welfare, health, money and legal matters.
- For Careers and employability University of Hertfordshire offers guidance, advice and resources to support your job search.
- University of Hertfordshire encourage all students and recent graduates to join their new employability platform Handshake. In this platform they can network with a community of students, graduates and employers. Handshake gives them access to the latest job opportunities, career events and workshops, appointments with our Hertfordshire expert careers and enterprise advisers, and a multitude of resources to help students get career-ready.
- University of Hertfordshire is one of the top Public universities in Hatfield, United Kingdom. It is ranked #751-800 in Qs Global World University Rankings.